The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weekend Forecast

As I type, Scott is in hill country participating in a 24-hr bike race. He has been preparing for this race for months and is really really excited to be there. The rest of us are going to hook up with him tomorrow for a family camping trip at Buescher State Park. We'll spend 3 nights in much anticipated "perfect" weather, with no agenda at all. We've packed the bikes, mitts, hot dogs, glow sticks, and bug spray, and plan on filling our days with not much at all but whatever we feel like at that particular moment. We told the kids about a week ago that we're going, and each morning they wake up asking "are we going camping today?"

On a separate note, Ont Onchee, Seth, and friends Lisa and Dave Carver watched the boys tonight while I had a church fundraiser. There were several cute quotes that came out of the evening:

Luka and TJ are both into paper airplanes. I make at least one a day. Luka coaxed Uncle Seth into making one, and when Seth handed it over, he said in his most serious voice, "Is this your first airplane??"

TJ also talked Uncle Seth into looking for his "blue shark." Seth, trying to grasp for any detail possible to help locate the missing shark, asked, "Well, how big is it?" TJ replied, "It's huuuge!"

TJ, who lives for the scotch tape and staple projects, decided in true boy fashion tonight to try to staple his fingers together. After complete failure, much pain, but no blood, Dave said, "Let's go find a band-aid." TJ's idea was then to color in the band-aid with a red marker to make it look like blood was coming through.

Luka has overhead TJ discuss the bad dreams he's been having several mornings this week. So now, everytime I say something to Luka that he doesn't like, his response has been, "I don't LIKE you because I have bad dreams, MOMMY!"

TJs latest is, "Don't be mean to me because I have surgery!" (Brother.)

Here is Luka's most recently established bedtime ritual:

Luka: When I get up...
Me: Yes...
Luka: I say hi to you.
Me: Ok.
Luka: Wuv you.
Me: Love you.
Luka: Hi Mommy.
Me: Hi Luka.
Luka: Mommy, I not tired.
Me: Well then keep your eyes open.
Luka: K.

Seriously, every night, sometimes twice. But until he says it, I can be guaranteed that he has not yet settled down and does not plan to go to bed. Once he starts the routine, I am relieved, knowing that this time he will definitely stay in his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment