This morning, Luka was determined to eat some chocolate cake before school, but he refused to eat much breakfast at all. Soon, TJ came and whispered to Scott that Luka had "taken" some cake.
Scott walked into the kitchen, and found some little fingermarks in the soft chocolate frosting. He looked down and noticed a trail of chocolate cake crumbs and followed them from the kitchen to our bedroom. The trail led right up to a little guy, hiding behind the plant with a mouth covered in frosting and a shirt covered in crumbs. I'm not sure he was trying to fool anybody, but I think he was just trying to do it quickly, because the cake was gone by the time Scott got there. He looked up at Scott with that big cheesy Luka grin and said "I'm sorry, Daddy. Daddy, I'm sorry."
There wasn't much sympathy. He didn't get to take Jiffy to school today, and that was a BIG deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment